Truly a village for the 21st Century, Dickens Heath is not only a fantastic place to live but also an interesting and relaxing place to visit.
Bounded by the Stratford Upon Avon Canal and miles of open Warwickshire countryside it is hard to believe that this multi-award winning village is only 3 miles from Solihull town centre and less than 15 minutes from Birmingham airport and the NEC.
The village boasts a number of restaurants offering delicious food whatever your taste:
- Morton’s Bar (tel. 744 2844) is a refreshing new café, bar and restaurant cleverly designed to incorporate relaxed drinking and dining in one light and welcoming space. You can even dine alfresco on the tree-shaded terrace - all day every day.
- Giovanni’s (tel. 744 8088) offers genuine traditional Italian cuisine personally created by the owner Giovanni De Luca. As well as an extensive a la carte menu Giovanni prepares a special set menu that changes regularly for the season. Watch out as well for his famous themed evenings!!
- If Indian cuisine is to your liking then why not try out Janaki’s (tel. 7455055) where they pride themselves on quality, freshness and personal service. Whether you plan to eat in their modern, sophisticated restaurant or choose from their take away menu you can be guaranteed distinctive food with sophistication.
- Da Vincis Bar and Restaurant (tel. 745 3856) has a great range of bar meals as well as a more formal menu for a special occasion. Da Vincis is the place to go to for live sport if you want to watch in luxurious surroundings on a big screen!
- Jade Chinese Restaurant (tel. 733 3318) is the place to go to for the very best in Chinese food. This intimate restaurant offers fresh and innovative Chinese fayre to eat in or take away.
Why not combine a meal in one of the villages top class restaurants with a leisurely stroll along the Stratford Upon Avon canal that borders the village centre. Within easy walking distance are a whole host of pubs with real ales, ciders etc to satisfy your thirst.
As well as a first class range of restaurants Dickens Heath also benefits from a whole host of facilities including:
- A selection of shops offering everything from latest fashions to everyday essentials.
- A high quality dry cleaners offering garment alterations and general home cleaning.
- Award winning hairdressers and beauty therapists.
- Our very own personal fitness studio aimed at providing all of their clients with the knowledge, motivation and resources to reach their personal fitness goals.
- A very active village hall with pre-school nurseries, dance classes, kick boxing training and a whole host of other activities. The hall is also available for private hire, for more information please ring 07962 599673.
- The traditional village green and play park is a wonderful place to relax in or enjoy a summer picnic.
- Excellent medical and related facilities including a purpose built medical centre, dentist, pharmacy and opticians.
- A well stocked library with computers and internet access.
Dickens Heath: A great place to live, work and visit!